Summer is a great time to take a trip to the pool, go on a hike, and enjoy all of your favorite outdoor activities. Unfortunately, sometimes a little too much sun can be uncomfortable and even painful! Make sure to mix this up ahead of time so that it's ready to use after a fun day in the sun.
In a 1 oz glass spray bottle mix:2 TBS witch hazel1/4 cup pure aloe vera1/2 tsp vitamin e oil2 TBS fractionated coconut oil10 drops lavender6 drops peppermint This mixture can be refrigerated for added cooling effect. Spray this relaxing recipe on your skin avoiding the area around the eyes. Reapply at least a couple of times a day as needed.
Wishing you wellness,
- When ingested, promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
- Promotes digestive health when taken internally
- Repels bugs naturally
- The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content—like that found in the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil—distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene, Peppermint also helps alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function when taken internally. Peppermint continues to be one of the best-selling favorites among doTERRA essential oils.
- Soothes occasional skin irritations
- Taken internally, Lavender reduces anxious feelings and promotes peaceful sleep*
- Helps ease feelings of tension.*
Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume. Its calming and relaxing qualities, when taken internally, continue to be Lavender’s most notable attributes. Applied topically, Lavender is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck. Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet to relax and prepare for a restful night’s sleep. Due to Lavender’s versatile properties, it is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times.Fractionated Coconut Oil:
- Softens and soothes dry skin
- Natural emollient to increase essential oil distribution
- Odorless and colorless for easy blending with any essential oil
doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil is an all-natural carrier oil that readily absorbs into the skin, making it an ideal oil for topical delivery. Its feather-light emollient effect provides a soothing barrier without clogging pores and is excellent for dry or troubled skin. It leaves skin feeling silky smooth and non-greasy, unlike other vegetable carrier oils. Fractionated Coconut Oil is completely soluble with all essential oils and is colorless, odorless, and will not stain.Witch Hazel
Slightly antiseptic while refreshes and soothes skin, decreases itching, and reduces likelihood of skin peeling and flaking.Aloe Vera
Moisturizes skin without being oily, rich in nutrients, and antioxidants, helps reduce signs of again, soothes skin, and reduces inflammationVitamin E Oil
A great antioxidant, helps fight premature aging of skin, restores and rejuvenates dehydrated skin